Wednesday, April 11, 2012

102 : House Crow


House Crow - Corvus splendens

This crow has colonised Dubai from India, probably as an escape or introduction. This picture was taken in Safa Park last weekend on a warbler snapping trip.

Crows are incredibly intelligent. They can use tools and solve problems.In "Planet of the Birds" they would be the ruling class.

I am off to India in 6 weeks to Bangalore. I discovered that air fares to India at the beginning of the monsoon are cheap ! I have located a guide called Bopanda online who is going to pick me up from my hotel each day and run me out to find decent pictures of birds. I thought it would be a good warm up for Tanzania in July. I fly in on the Thursday night, spend all day Friday and Saturday on bird safari and fly back on the Sunday. I have Birds of the Indian Sub-Continent sitting on my side and I am all fired up and ready to roll !

House Crow, Corvus splendens 
Safa Park, Dubai, UAE
April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment