Sunday, May 8, 2016

329 : Desert Lark


Desert Lark - Ammomanes deserti

More pictures from New Year and we are already into May. I fear that my New Year's resolution has pretty much gone by the wayside. For whatever reason I am bit disheartened by birding in the UAE and have fallen out of love a bit with camera.

The good news is that I have a trip booked to Malaysia in a month - if that can't motivate me to get a good hundred birds under my belt the nothing can. I have the flight booked and accommodation for 4 nights at the Teran Negara national park. With 350 species on the list I should be able to chalk up 100 photos in 3 full days. Never having birded East of India before it should be like clubbing baby seals - we will see.

Back to this bird.


He is a resident and common so you wonder why it has taken me this long to chalk him up ! Perhaps I should be backfilling all the resident birds in the UAE this year ? Have a UAE bio-blitz year with birds.

I guess the other reason I have got distracted is my dalliance with diving which has taken me into  different medium and lined up 100's of species of fish ! A trip to Oman last weekend and 3 dives at various sites had been salivating over taking up underwater photography I could extend the Daily bird into a series of websites with lists :-) We'll see how we go.



For now the Task is back on - this is 329 and by the end of the Summer with trips to Malaysia, Seychelles, UK and France surely I must be able to take the number to 500 - a short sharp injection of birds ! I will see what I can do.

Desert Lark, Ammomanes deserti
New Years Day
Wadi Brossley, UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment