Thursday, June 16, 2011

39 : Purple-rumped sunbird


Purple-rumped sunbird - Nectorina zeylonica

Another sunbird from the garden of Ellerton's lodge near Kandy in Sri Lanka. This is the male bird. Please see my post on Long-billed Sunbird (number 14) for a fuller description of this bird family.

I am getting postively low on images ! or decent images at least - I either have to raid the hard drives of the old computer or get out tomorrow up to Al Barsha park to see whats about. A couple more weeks and I will be running out. I haven't got the new camera yet so its going to be challenging to get some pictures of the various swifts and Hirundines. I am a post behind which I will catch over this weekend and also construct the page for Al Barsha park.

Purple-rumped Sunbird
Ellerton Lodge, Kandy, Sri Lanka
April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment