Tuesday, May 26, 2015

320 : Loggerhead Shrike




Loggerhead Shrike - Lanius ludovicianus

The picture above was taken at the Disney Wilderness Preserve and is the best picture I have got of these birds all week.

I had to catch up with some work on Monday so I just headed over to some wasteland at about 3 pm with little expectation of getting onto any decent birds. It turned out to be a great mini-safari with birds up for offer including this Loggerhead Shrike. I'd seen a couple of these from the car on wires while driving but without being able to stop. Having this just on the doorstep was a result.

The stand out stars of the show though were the dragonflies. I don't have a clue what they are but one, a gold creature was possible the most beautiful thing I have ever photographed.


I am going head out to the Disney Wildlife Preserve this morning.


Loggerhead Shrike, Lanius ludovicianus
Wasteland by Hilton Hotel, Destination Parkway, Orlando
25 May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment