Friday, December 7, 2012

207 : Spotted Morning-Thrush


Spotted Morning-Thrush - Chichladusa guttata

This is a bird that I identified from my books on my return. I have written a lot recently so I will just bang up the photos to get the number up. The 10 or so posts before this have a lot more Daily Neil musings - but mostly just Olakira withdrawal.

Cried the other night at Attenborough at 60 - the one about how we have mucked the planet up. Proper tears. The elephant in the room is whether this is one of his last little series - it does look like a retrospective. There he is though in his little boat bimbling along in Borneo....sixty years ago he starts... camera zooms out to show modern day oil palm plantations. What will be left in even 20 or 30 years. Lets buy Borneo - all of us. 100 pounds each - every birder in the world (1 million). Lets just buy the rest of the rainforest - the whole flipping thing. Then Papua New Guinea, whats left of the middle of Mindanao in the Philipines. Lets not bail out Greece - lets bail out the rain forest before its too late.  

Curry tonight from the Ruppee room and a batman film. You see there is some balance in my life. My eldest has just suggested a game of scrabble while the younger is off at a sleep over - is Bimble a word ?? It should be - I love bimbling.

Tanzania, Serengeti, Mara River
July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment