Sunday, December 16, 2012

219 : Lilac Breasted Roller


Lilac-breasted Roller - Coracias caudata

This is everyone's top safari bird. Not for their rarity but just because in the light they give off a technicolour display of dazzling beauty. I will rename them Joseph birds.I am mopping up the Safari with shorter pieces to get all the remaining species logged and up. I want to enter the new year fresh. I can always come back to the library and add some thoughts on the bird later.

I would add this - some of the birds you see daily on safari you tend to think that you will always have a chance for a better shot. It is a fatal error. Hopefullly this is a bird that will follow me on my African travels and I can improve on this offering.

Tanzania - various sites
July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment