Friday, February 17, 2012

61 : Black-Headed Gull


Black-Headed Gull - Larus Ribidundas

The Essex man of gulls. I am so indifferent to these birds I cannot think of anything to say and do not feel inspired to find out more. Eaters of rubbish and robbers of lapwing nests. That says it all.

I just cannot get excited about gulls - they just remind me of the smell of sewage - they eat it ! I used to see rafts of the things picking over turd when I started birdwatching again in 1998 as an adult. My patch in South London included a stretch of the Thames at Erith with a lovely sewage farm. Deep joy - spent hours sifting through trying to find a Mediterranean Gull - never found one - my Brother picked one out for me at Minsmere last year but I didn't have the camera with me. Yes - eaters of poo. Puts you off doesn't it.

Black-Headed Gull - Larus Ribibundas
UK
Summer 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment