Friday, June 8, 2012

145 : Oriental White-eye


Oriental White-eye - Zosterops palpebrosus

Its hard not to just go - Ah ! Sweet ! How cute ! What a little lemon fluff ball of sacherine birdiness ! Its the eye isn't it - a cartoon eye - and the colour. Click on him (or her) to admire the eye. I am sure I have seen something like this being fired from a catapult on Angry Birds (an Ipod game).

To me these look like little flying squidgy jiffy lemon bottles from pancake day. I have come across these birds in different forms elsewhere - endemic forms on Sri Lanka and Mauritius - not as cute as these. If this was a biscuit it would be a lemon puff biscuit. Its funny how we lump things together by colour, sense. Somehow my brain has saved them in the same cell with all things lemony including lemon fairy liquid, a lemon, lemon merangue and grated lemon zest - even zaffir lime leaves for some reason. I have nothing else to say except Ah Sweet ! How cute ! A living lemon ! These are just objects of bird cosseting to me.

Oriental White-eye, Zosterops palpebrosus
Nandi Hills, Karnataka, India
26 May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment