Friday, June 29, 2012

160 : Pied Kingfisher


Pied Kingfisher - Ceryle rudis

On the post !


It was probably a good 600 m away so for a while this was the best I could do. Blown up -



It did come to a closer telegraph wire - note my fondness of telegraph wires. I just couldn't get a better shot than this though. Another bird that I have noted I need a better shot of. The excitement of many of these life ticks was getting subsumed in my desperation to get a decent picture. Picture first and then a good look through the scope or binoculars. I must not forget that birding on its own used to be the thing before the pictures came along. When the picture is going to be this bad I have to get a good mental note and soak it up as well !


Pied Kingfisher, Ceryle rudis
Karnataka, India - the big birding bridge !
25 May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment