Sunday, June 24, 2012

154 : Indian Bushlark


Indian Bushlark - Mirafra erythroptera

It is the night I am posting up all the little brown jobs I didn't have the heart of patience to post when i first got back from India. These pictures of a small party of bushlarks were taken on a big open grassland. They were filming some sort of Indian TV programme or a film nearby and a large crowd had gathered. My moronic driver was more interested in trying to gawp to see who was being filmed - how could that be more interesting than these little fellows ? This was probably the last new bird I saw in India. I had had enough of the chittering, whining and complaining - at one point could I close the window because he was worried about dust in his new car - you what ?? This is a bird safari. I called it a day and headed in for an early return in good time for 4 pints before dinner and ans sort through all the snaps on the camera.

I stayed at the Oberoi for 3 nights. Splendid food, obsequeous staff and the feel of teh old Raj. I would recomend that if you are going to stomp about for 12 hours chasing birds have a 5 star hotel with a world class curry buffet and Tai restaurant to come back to. I had a stir fired lobster with chilli and ginger, noodles and a bottle of Pinot gris for I think for 30 quid that night. Jobs a good un !

Indian Bushlark - Mirafra erythroptera
Karnataka, India, Grassland where they filming something near "our native village"
26 May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment