Saturday, June 9, 2012

149 : Puff-throated Babbler





Puff-throated Babbler - Pellonorneum ruficeps

Another skulking forest bird and pefectly camouflaged for the leaf litter. Again photographed close to the secret garden on the Nandi hills in Karnataka, India.  There are 30 sub-species of this bird and this is the nominate species. I seriously hope they are not all split as they hop along, in the undergrowth, are hard to photograph and I could not get as excited as the guide. Yes I understand these are special birds and hard to see - very frustrating to get on though. Really I could take or leave this bird after an hour of skulking myself to get the shot.



Its not a Pitta is it !


It will remain though a "small achievement". These are hard birds to photograph.

26 May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment